Everyday, customers receive a lot of emails from companies like newsletters, daily deals, forgot password links, and many others. These emails are usually Transactional Emails from company websites which they’ve subscribed to or visited. Customizing your Magento Transactional Emails gives your business a more personal touch.
The transactional emails sent through your Magento store are often critical emails which should relay specific information to your customer all while conveying your unique brand messaging and personality. Customizing those emails is a simple yet effective way to differentiate yourself from the competition. It also gives you the chance to build a relationship with your customers while you carry out a message or any information you are trying to communicate in an effective way. Customized transactional emails are also said to generate a higher level of customer engagement compared to standardized ones.
Magento is a fast emerging open source E-commerce platform and it is gaining popularity for it’s flexibility. One aspect it is renowned for is its powerful marketing and content functionalities. Transactional Emails are a part of this and thus, to help Magento beginners boost their customer engagement, here is a simple tutorial on how to customize and configure Magento Transactional Emails.
How To Customize Magento Transactional Emails
Below are the steps to customize a default Magento email template
- Navigate to Backend > System > Transactional Emails
- Click on the Add New Template button to create a new custom email template
- Select the default transactional email template that you wish to customize from the template drop-down.
- Click Load TemplateYou will see a block of code for the particular email template you chose displayed on the Template Content section below.
- Specify the Template Name.
- Define the subject of the Template.
- In the Template Content field, insert the email message text in HTML and add styles to your email template.Important Note: Remember, you should not override any of the HTML functionality outside of the text and visual content of the email, as the templates are built to pull in specific customer information pertaining to each action and customer account.
- Click Save Template button.
Configuring Newly Customized Transactional Emails
After creating your custom transactional email in Magento, it’s time to configure it. This will tell Magento to send your new custom email templates (instead of the default templates) when a particular action is triggered on your site.
Below are the steps to set the configuration for your new custom email template:
- Go to Configuration > Sales Emails (We will set the Email template for Sales as an example).
- On the Shipment Email Template dropdown, choose the name of the custom email template you just made.
- Click Save Config.
Now you’re set to create customized Magento transactional emails for a more personal touch when dealing with your customers. It’s a great way for you to reach out to them, increase engagement and make sure your brand’s identity is known. With great content, a solid marketing plan and some attention-grabbing designs, your transactional emails are bound to perform better.
What do you want to say to your customers? Tell them with your very own customized transactional email from your Magento store! If you have any doubts or require help, Project Assistant will gladly be of service. We have a team of experience content writers, marketers and web developers who can help you manage your email campaign and get your message to the right audience!